Maryborough Danger and Warnings
- Maryborough is a relatively safe town with a low crime rate compared to other towns in Victoria, but it is still important to take precautions to ensure personal safety.
- There have been incidents of theft and property damage in the town, especially in areas where there is a high concentration of tourist activity.
- Drug-related activity has been reported in some parts of the town, particularly in the evenings and at night. It's best to avoid these areas if possible.
- There is a risk of bush fires during the summer months in Maryborough and surrounding areas. It's important to stay informed about the risk of bushfire and have a plan in place in case of an emergency.
- It's important to take precautions when hiking or walking in the bushland surrounding Maryborough, as there have been incidents of snake bites and other wildlife encounters.
- Emergency services in Maryborough can be contacted by calling triple zero (000). The Victoria State Emergency Service provides information and advice on preparing for and responding to emergencies in Victoria.
- The Victorian Government's Crime Statistics Agency provides up-to-date crime statistics for Victoria, including data on crime rates in different towns and suburbs.
For more information on personal safety, emergency services and crime statistics in Victoria, visit the following websites: